God created man, and men created civilizations. Civilizations were and are born and breed off the hands of Civil Engineering.
A three day exquisite fest during 28-30th April, 2018 by CESA-SIT Civil Engineering Students Association a society under Civil Engineering Department, N.P.S.E.I Pithoragarh, ”Nirmaan’2k18 – A Civil Engineering Technical Fest.” The workshop was conduted by the faculty members tripti kumar and bhola datt joshi.The theme for this workshop was “BUILDING THE FUTURE ON THE FOUNDATION OF EXCELLENCE …”Nirmaan’2k18 assured indubitably a step further to provide a better platform for the emerging talents and inquistive minds to realise their dreams come true, so get clutched and prepare for an amazing Festival in future too.
Events hosted under NIRMAAN 2K18 were:-
1.Enquisto:- technical quiz and literary quiz, question related to current advancement in the field of Civil Engineering or current affairs
2. Bridzomania:- Bridge construction by using ice cream sticks. Fixed no. Of stick will be provided. It’s a group event. Max. 5 members in group
3. 2D and 3D visualisation:- With the help of the projector one object will be shown to the candidate nd he/she has to visualise its plan. Sheets will be provided by society. Need not to be scaled object but labelling is compulsory. Individual event
4. Abacus and Qualitative aptitude:- Reasoning and aptitude will be checked of the candidates.
5. Ice cream stick boats :- Boats need to be designed by the groups including max.5 members. Ice cream stick will be provided by the society. The weight occupied by the boat will be judging factor
6. Hyperlapse :- Presentation on any mega structure including it’s speciality. Presentation should be in Hyperlapse mode in ppt.. It’s also an individual event
7. Cabinet talks :- Group discussion on any topic given as extempore followed by the mock interview which will be taken by the expert faculty panel
8. Painting :- painting theme is awareness on any social issue and t-shirt designing, the best t-shirt will be the society’s t-shirt in the very next event
9. Exhibition :- Model any new technology in the theme advancement in the field of engineering
10. Counsellor’s talk:- Interactive session between students and expertise from different fields particularly from civil engineering field. This event wil futher hold video conferencing with the professor of prestigious institutes like MIT, IITs, NITs, IISCs, and IIMs. Also with that we manage the interaction with the research students of foreign universities to share the knowledge which promotes the development of skills in the field of Civil Engineering among the students.
“CESA society-sensitive imaginations to rock hard sculptures “of NPSEI is working with many other registered Civil Engineering Societies like AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING FORUM IIT DELHI in order to organise many other events in collaboration with them. In future we are going to organise many such big events.
CESA-SIT has organised its first annual Technical Festival “NIRMAAN 2018. we would like to continue the same. This event has gained good repute over the years and this year we wish to take it to greater heights.
- To offer Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programmes in civil engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centres of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
To become a school of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.
Mr. Ankit Sharma
Profession: Assistant professor
Research:Recycled Asphalt Pavement, Sustainable Technology in Pavement Construction, Effect of Transportation on Environment and Ecology.